Rgistration Application > Normal Taxpayer
I am a normal taxpayer. How can I register with GST?
For registering yourself as a normal taxpayer, perform the following steps:
1. Access the https://www.gst.gov.in/ URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
2. Click the Services > Registration > New Registration option.
Alternatively, you can also click REGISTER NOW link.
The Application form is divided into two parts as Part A and Part B.
3. The New Registration page is displayed. Select the New Registration option.
4. In the I am a drop down list, select the Taxpayer as the type of taxpayer to be registered.
5. In the State/UT and District drop down list, select the state for which registration is required and district.
6. In the Legal Name of the Business (As mentioned in PAN) field, enter the legal name of your business/ entity as mentioned in the PAN database.
7. In the Permanent Account Number (PAN) field, enter PAN of your business or PAN of the Proprietor.
• PAN is mandatory for registration with GST.
• In case you don’t have PAN, you can apply for PAN. To do so, click the here link.
8. In the Email Address field, enter the email address of the Primary Authorized Signatory.
9. In the Mobile Number field, enter the valid Indian mobile number of the Primary Authorized Signatory.
Note: Different One Time Password (OTP) will be sent on your email address and mobile number you just mentioned for authentication.
10. In the Type the characters you see in the image below field, enter the captcha text.
11. Click the PROCEED button.
The OTP Verification page is displayed.
11. In the Mobile OTP field, enter the OTP you received on your mobile number. OTP is valid only for 10 minutes.
12. In the Email OTP field, enter the OTP you received on your email address. OTP is valid only for 10 minutes.
• OTP sent to mobile number and email address are separate.
• In case OTP is invalid, try again by clicking the Click here to resend the OTP link. You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number or email ID again. Enter both the newly received OTPs again.
13. Click the PROCEED button.
The system generated Temporary Reference Number (TRN) is displayed.
Note: You will receive the TRN acknowledgment information on your e-mail address as well as your mobile number.
14. Click the PROCEED button.
Alternatively, you can also click Services > Registration > New Registration option and select the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) radio button to login using the TRN.
15. In the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) field, enter the TRN generated and enter the captcha text as shown on the screen.
16. Click the PROCEED button. The Verify OTP page is displayed. You will receive same Mobile OTP and Email OTP. These OTPs are different from the OTPs you received in previous step.
To Know more Click Here